Athletic Training Admission Procedure
1. Fill out the application for admission and gather any necessary documents requested in the application.
2. For consideration for fall enrollment, send completed application and necessary documents to the HPER Division Chair or to the Head Athletic Trainer by April 15.
3. For enrollment advisement, make an appointment with the Head Athletic Trainer.
Criteria for Acceptance/Retention
Criteria for Acceptance
1. High school transcript or GED Certificate
2. Former college transcripts, including Northern
3. ACT composite score of 18 or above
4. Formal resume`
5. Interview with the Chair of the HPER Division, Head Athletic Trainer, and NOC staff
Criteria for Retention
1. Athletic Training students must maintain a 2.5 grade point average.
2. If a student fails to meet this standard, he/she will be placed on probation for the following semester.
3. If the student does not achieve a 2.5 GPA by the following semester, he/she will be dismissed from the program.
4. Program requirements for retention involve more than grades. The first year of the program will involve a 75-hour observation period. Students will also be required to complete 500 hours of clinical work and assigned coursework within the two years at Northern Oklahoma College, Tonkawa.
Athletic Training Application